Thursday, March 5, 2009

39 week checkup

We went today for a doctor visit and I am now 1-2 cm dilated and 60% thinned out. The doctor said that everything is definitely getting in place to deliver and it will probably be really soon. I'm scheduled to go back on Monday, if I make it to Monday, she said. They hooked me up to the monitor to see if I was having any contractions and to make sure the baby was doing ok. I had a couple of really small contractions while I was in there but nothing big and the baby looked great. They will hook me up to the monitor again on Monday along with another ultra sound since I will be past my due date by then. They will check fluids and make sure the baby is still doing good and make sure the baby would be fine to go late if we had to. We've been telling everyone that I'm due on the 9th but that was just what the baby measured at the first ultra sound, but technically I've always been due on March 7th and that's what all my paper work says at the doctor's office, so my real due date is March 7th (not that 2 days makes much difference). We are ready for her anytime!

1 comment:

3LittleFlowers said...

Im sure you gave birth by now!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Cant wait for some baby photos!!!

If you havent give birth, I hope you have a fast delivery and a healthy baby!