Friday, January 23, 2009

33 weeks






Yesterday (Jan. 22) we had our doctor's appointment and everything looks good. The baby's heart rate was beating a strong 141 bpm. The doctor had them do an ultra sound (totally unexpected!) while I was there because I have been having a little bit of spotting this last month or so and she wanted to make sure that everything was fine and that there is plenty of amniotic fluid. She also checked me because of the spotting and saw that I may have a slight infection so she put me on an antibiotic to clear anything up. Also, I'm not dilated at all yet, so the baby is doing great and not getting impatient. I'm happy about that because I want her to be completely ready to come out when she does, plus I have really enjoyed pregnancy and I'm not quite ready for it to end, I hope I feel differently when the time comes to deliver. Jesse was upset that he missed this doctor visit because he missed out on an ultra sound. He had to stay at work and help with loading grain trucks to haul off their corn, and most of my doctor visits before have been pretty uneventful so he thought it would be better for him to stay. It's the first visit (maybe 2nd) that he has missed and that's the one we have an unexpected ultra sound, he wasn't happy. But I brought back lots of pictures and reassured him that the baby was sleeping the whole time and wouldn't hardly move any so what he sees in the pictures is basically all we saw at the ultra sound, but he was still upset he missed it.

1 comment:

3LittleFlowers said...

Bummer that he missed the ultrasound!!

Great to hear that everything is great!!!